Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Craftday

I've made 4 hats. And I've started including mini crochet bows on the back as well, which gives them a little extra Natalie flair. I'm not following a pattern for any of them, which prooves to be pretty entertaining. I don't like being limited by instruction manuals. I feel like it stiffles creativity. I would much rather prefer to figure out my own style of patterns and stitches rather than following someone elses. There is some truth in the accusation that I get a bit bored when reading instructions. I tend to just look at the pictures. Then I proceed to get frustrated if I can't figure it out. I suppose that is my own fault. But I rather do enjoy making prototype after prototype until I have a final product that is solely mine. The messups I either destroy or tuck away somewhere to be revisited later.

I also made a baby blanket, the no-sew fleece kind. Here's a
video of how to make it if you're a visual person. I made this one a solid pink, since it's for a baby girl, then added a couple fabric bows on the corner. I wish I could post a photo of it, but I've not access to a camera at the moment. Photos of my crafty things coming soon. Don't get too antsy.

Four Christmases, which if you haven't seen it yet, you definitely should take the time. It may be available on Netflix, since it came out in 2008. But if not, it's worth the rent as well. Just trust me.

2 days 'til Christmas. What about you play Santa Claus, wrap a couple extra gifts and put them on a doorstep of a neighbour?

No comments:

Post a Comment