Monday, December 20, 2010

First Post

I feel drawn to blogs.

They seem to capture all of the thoughts, humours, and creative ridges and rages of a person. It's almost like a little snapshot of their personhood, would it were that they're the only person in the hood. I admire that freedom and would like to test the waters.

I don't think I'll start my blog by telling you what I'll blog about because that very well may change with such frequency that even I would forget the confines of what I declare in this fated "First Post." So let's just start with a hello. As that is all how relationships tend to start. Though I really shouldn't say "all" because I've had plenty of awkward introductions, accidental bumps, and check out line one-liners that seemed to start some pretty reliable and memorable relationships. However, hello seems to be customary. And I suppose I do follow some measure of custom, or at least culture, since I am blogging.

Speaking of one-liners, here are a few that tickle my fancy:
  • We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.
  • A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don't need it.
  • When in doubt, mumble.
  • I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
  • A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
On another little music note, Christmas is on it's way, so I put together a few ditties on the myspace to bring you a little mellow cheer.

Happy holidays. Tell someone this week that you love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment